Wednesday, July 24, 2024

God’s timing

 Right now I am reading Isaiah and Jeremiah in a chronological Bible reading plan. I am amazed at the prophecies spanning thousands of years. God promised destruction and restoration of Israel within a 70 year time span, which happened exactly as He said it would. There were also prophecies spread out between these events which pointed to our savior, Jesus. Still others described the destruction and restoration of the whole earth. 


I believe all of these predictions will come about, just as the ones that were already fulfilled have come true. The interesting part is that you can’t read these in a linear progression. It jumps from immediate predictions to messianic predictions to end time predictions in seemingly random order. I think this is because God lives outside of time. While we see many thousand years, he sees that, yes, this all happened. For me, this makes the waiting that much easier. 

No comments: